Van Kahvalti Evi, Istanbul

As recommended by the good people of Istanbul Eats, breakfast at Van Kahvalti Evi in Cihangir did not let me down. I am not ashamed to admit that if I had not been alone, like the Americans on the table next to me, I would have been brashly stating that this was one of the best breakfasts I had ever had.

The big, traditional breakfast from the Van area (near the border of Iran) that people flock here for includes various delicious cheeses, jam and gloriously nutty tahini, egg, vegetables and bread (including homemade sweet brioch-style bread from the oven while I was there).



But the most incredible part of the main breakfast was the plate of honeycomb with clotted cream. THEY MAKE THE CREAM. THERE IS STILL WAX IN THE HONEYCOMB. Honestly I have never tasted anything as glorious and decadent. Scooping this up with warm bread is heavenly. Really, I order you to go and eat this, you must try it if at all possible! So so good.



Located at Defterdar Yokuşu 52a, Cihangir. Have fun. Note that at peak times, like weekends around 10am, it is highly unlikely one will get a table.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Who?

Anna Metcalfe is a content maker, word writer and editor of things.