Sydney favourites


There are a few things that I seem to always end up doing when I get to Sydney. I am like the person who goes to the restaurant and has to order the same thing. This is crazy, because there are many pockets that I have never explored, but I wanted to share my favourites in Sydney. The things I always do.

Go swimming: I love a good pool or ocean and Sydney does swimming like no other city. The ocean pools, like the iconic Icebergs at Bondi, are the best. I am also a fan of the North Sydney Olympic Pool, which has great views over the harbour, and Boy Charlton Pool, which looks over Woolloomooloo. The cool thing about North Sydney is that you can take a train over the Harbour Bridge or take a ferry across the water to reach the pool - either way, you've ticked off a seminal Sydney experience on your journey there.

Take a walk: it is pretty cheesy of me, but I always take a walk through the botanic gardens and down along the coast to the Opera House and Circular Quay. I just will never get sick of the views that make Sydney Sydney. After doing that I like to explore the streets in Potts Point and The Rocks, for their pretty lanes and overgrown gardens.

Eat Asian food: I usually seek out some good Thai or Asian fusion, since Sydney seems to have the edge on Melbourne in that department. There are great, cheap Thai places all over Sydney that are worth eating at. On a recent trip to Sydney I enjoyed a great lunch on Victoria St in Potts Point at Mrs G's. They have a great modern interior and delicious Asian inspired dishes.

 Above: North Sydney Olympic Pool



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Who?

Anna Metcalfe is a content maker, word writer and editor of things.